IKBFU creates an encouraging environment for the international students by implementing the buddy program.
IKBFU provides international students with the assistant of a Russian-speaking student. It is a volunteer-based program aimed at helping international students to get acquainted with Russia and Kaliningrad.
If an international student requires a buddy’s help, one can write to firstname.lastname@example.org, filling in name, educational programme, the country the student came from and contacts.
A buddy can be asked to:
- Meet you at the airport or railway station;
- Show you around the dormitory;
- Help with administrative procedures, such as registration or other paperwork;
- Inform about the University’s infrastructure, useful mobile apps, telephone numbers for emergency services;
- Help with paperwork in Russian;
- Show you around the city and help to locate banks, shops, cafes, etc.
- Help with a doctor’s appointment
- Help contact the IKBFU Administration if the matter requires it
A buddy cannot be asked to:
- Help at nighttime (since 9 pm to 8 am)
- Provide you with finances or any other material support
- Please note, that your buddy is a student too and may not have time to communicate with you or help you every day