Each time you cross the border (first time or not) means, that you get a new migration card. Each time you need to (re)apply for registration.
At the border before getting a migration card, tell a border officer that the purpose of your travel is «studies» («ucheba» in Russian). When you get a migration card, check the purpose. You can’t change the migration card later, which means you will need to travel back and cross the border again.
Step 3 — a
Do you live in a dormitory?
Come to the Visa Support Centre (administrative building, room 100)
You have 1 working day to apply.
Documents for registration:
- Filled form of notification of arrival of a foreign citizen.
- Copies of all pages of the passport
- Copy of the migration card
- Copy of the contract with the dormitory (the first and the last pages)
Step 3 — B
Do you live in a private flat/house?
You and the official owner of the flat/house must go together to the city Migration office (which one depends which district you live in).
You have 3 working days to apply.
City Migration Offices:
- 1. Central district (Yanalova str. 56, r.13)
- 2. Leninsky district (Butkova str. 16, r.7)
- 3. Moscovsky district (Olega Koshevogo str. 11, r.5)
Have you lost your migration card or registration paper? Inform the Visa Support Office right away.
a. Are you going abroad or visiting other Russian cities? When you come back to Kaliningrad, you need to renew registration — see step 3
b. Have you stayed in the hospital? Take registration in the hospital for the period of your stay there and renew your registration — see step 3
c. Are you staying in the hotel? Take registration in the hotel for the period of your stay there and renew your registration — see step 3.
Violation of the migration law means Disciplinary punishment + Administration fine (with possible deportation).
Fill the application form
Submit a scan of the first page of the passport (The expiration date of the passport must be + 1.5 years from the date requested for the student visa) and filled form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Does your visa expire before your studies end? Don’t forget then to apply to the Visa Support Office to prolong it. Apply 45 days in advance.
Collect the required documents:
- Form of notification of arrival of a foreign citizen.
- Filled visa application form.
- Copies of filled pages of the passport of a foreign citizen/ stateless person (2 packages).
- 2 copies of the migration card.
- 2 photos 3x4 (matte).
- 2 copies of the registration.
- Copy of the contract with the dormitory (the first and the last pages.
- Payment of state duty for a visa - 1600₽.
- Passport (original).
Tel.: +7 4012 310-067 (ext. 7454, 7452)
Address: Administrative building, r. 100 (А. Nevskogo, 14)
Group in the social network VK https://vk.com/international_office